Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Month of May

As May turns a warm - oh so very warm - leaf of sunshine and beautiful weather here in Central Coast, California. Though the weather is wonderful, I'm still jobless and on the hunt. Sending 3-5 applications and resumes a day is insane to some, but it's the only thing that's keeps me hopeful. I guess you can say, this weather is boosting my urge to write and boosting my self-esteem to write. There's so many things going on outside of the concerns of finding work that keeps me smiling that once I do stop smiling, it feels as if the weight of the world is back on my shoulders. Yes, that's how important working is to me. Working keeps me sane, keeps me moving, keeps me happy. I'm a workaholic, I'm at my best when I'm working and busy. Hopefully, someone will take notice of that fact and hire me. I'm going crazy just being at home for days at a time. You can say, I'm getting - no, I have - cabin fever, and am starting to go crazier than crazy.



I have a list of tv shows I watch on regular rotation that keeps me smiling for a while every night. No, I'm not a fanatic. I'm simply a fan of a handful of shows. I love my Monday nights especially, as both my other half and I get to watch our shows: Tough Enough, WWE Raw, House, American Chopper, Castle (surprisingly, in that order from 5PM to 11PM). On Tuesday nights, my boys on the Northwestern, Cornelia Marie and Time Bandit keep me company for an hour on The Deadliest Catch. We both love our comedy Wednesday with Modern Family, Cougar Town, Happy Endings. The rest of the week is my time to catch up on Dancing with the Stars (go Chelsea and go Ralph!), Glee, and American Idol. I really don't watch-watch AI, I just watch my favorites perform. However, since Pia, Paul and Casey have been eliminated, my list has dropped down to 2: Haley and James, and my AI watching is getting shorter and shorter. As for my other 2 shows that my other half refuses to watch, I love and adore those two shows! Not to mention, I have a slight obsession with Korean drama and slowly working my way through Paradise Farm. It's very cheesy and quirky, but it's a decent "chick flick" type show. I can't end talking about my list of tv shows with a Korean drama! Sunday night is probably my most favorite nights, as George RR Martin's realm of Westeros comes to life through the magic of HBO: Game of Thrones. I'm going to stop myself before I go off on a complete tangent on Game of Thrones. I can safely say that I'm a fanatic of that show.


I also have a list of movies I'd love to watch, but I've got some time before I can even consider watching them. In the mean time, I have my newly formed book club keeping me busy when I'm not in the company of my other half, job hunting, and/or my tv shows.

I sort of lost my footing in the literary world as I was moving from Tennessee to California and then from focusing all my strength on finding work, but after being so drained and getting sad from all the job searching with no success, the literary world found me again in April. My friend, T, was reading Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami for her class, and I decided to join her. This May, we've pulled a few more friends into our little book reading as we're beginning Emma by Jane Austen. Though I've read it so many times, I feel when I read with a group and discuss topics with people , I pick up on details I missed reading alone. Plus, it's interesting to see who enjoys which character more and which character they despise.

I'm such a nerd. I love reading books of different sorts, but when it comes to watching stuff - tv shows and/or movies - I can't touch anything in the horror genre. To make things worse, when it comes to the gaming universe, I flip out when there's any hint of scariness to it....

Back to the Month of May: This month is going to be rough, but I have high hopes, and hopefully, I'll find a job willing to take a chance on me that I can settle into and make a career out of. Here's to a hopeful and bright Month of May. Not to mention, May is a month of celebration!

(1) College graduations across the country are going to be taking place this month! Congratulations to my dear friend, T, who will be partaking in the University of Tennessee: Knoxville ceremony! As well as her boyfriend, M! Congrats to you both!!!

(2) Who can forget MOTHER'S DAY?!?!?! I did! I kept thinking it was the 3rd weekend of May, not the 1st weekend! My cards are going to be late by a few days, but I hope it'll be okay. I'm even making the cards myself! It's something to keep me busy when I run out of things to do and run out of resumes to send out. (Yes, that happens.)

(3) I was schooled on this "unofficial" holiday/celebration today. Star Wars Day! "May the fourth be with you!" Time to pull out all 6 movies from the shelf, from the box, from wherever you've got them hidden/stored, and let us celebrate by watching all 6 from the "beginning"... the new trio first, then the original trio. You know you want to! (As much as I really didn't like the "new" trio, to honor and celebrate the legacy of Star Wars, I will find a way to watch all the movies!)

Naturally, there's lots of birthdays in May, but seriously, the only two I can remember at this late hour is Mommy Kat and my cousin, djTF.

I believe it's time to call it a night.

Until next topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment