Thursday, May 5, 2011

Best Buy

I love Best Buy. I never knew what Best Buy had to offer until I got to college. Yes, I said "until I got to college." My parents never really went to Best Buy, so that's why it took me so long. However, my childhood shopping is for a different entry on a different day. I want to talk about Best Buy. I've bought several electronic goods from Best Buy - printers, monitors, laptop, TV, computer hardware/software (mainly pc games), video games, blu-rays (I don't think I've ever bought a camera though) - and whenever I make a purchase from Best Buy, I tend to spend less than I anticipated to spend. Not to mention: the individual customer service I've experienced has been nothing but awesome!



Best example: Sean from the TV department. He stuck by me and even fought to get discounts with the customer service desk. What was supposed to be an in-and-out purchase lasted about 30 minutes. First, there wasn't a new boxed TV in stock - though according to the computer there was supposed to be one. Turned out, the only 3 TVs in stock were all on display. So, Sean - being awesome and understanding - offered one of the displays with a pretty decent discount; understandable, as the TV was on display for about 2 weeks. Second, along with the display discount, Sean was going to price match the in-store TV with the Best Buy online-store TV price; meaning, the TV was going to get yet another huge discount. When it came to processing everything, Sean had to get everything cleared through customer service desk. That's when #3 struck: Customer Service Desk refused to price match Best Buy online-store. My patience was starting going from Amazon River deep to Sahara Desert dry, but Sean (and my other half) dealt with the girl at the Customer Service Desk, saving her from my quickly becoming nasty mouth. The best part of #3: Sean kept an upbeat conversation going, while little miss "no price match for your tv" went to the back to do whatever she was doing - probably checking the Best Buy website to see if we were telling the truth about the online-store selling the same TV for cheaper than what they had it marked. Sean, dude, you da man for sticking through all the issues that rose that day and dealing with them in such an awesome fashion: with a smile.

Today, I should've spent $65.22 (that's with taxes included) on 3 movies and a lemonade; instead, I paid $0.71 (tax included). No, seriously! I have proof!

3 Blu-rays: $19.99 original price. $7.99 SALE price.

$0.71 total
See?! SEE?! I love Best Buy's "loyal customer gift certificates"! They save lots of monies! (And before you say anything, no. I did not have three quarters.) Before you judge, I got Resident Evil, Resident Evil Apocalypse and The Human Centipede. The first 2 completes my Mila Jovovich Resident Evil series, and the third - well - was for my other half and all of you to see me/read about me squirming throughout the movie. I'm thinking about vlogging my reaction to the movie, just to prove how horrible I am with creepy, twisted, horror-like shit.

New thing at Best Buy: They're starting to do "buy backs" with video games (PS3, Xbox 360 were the ones I saw most of) and selling used games. Check it out if you want, but I would personally say: if you're going to get used games, I'd still go to GameStop. I don't know how much Best Buy's "buy backs" are, but I can probably safely bet that you'd get more trade-in credit at GameStop. Nothing against Best Buy's "buy back" program, but careless customer service desk happen. Perfect example: My other half and I saw Medal of Honor Limited Edition being sold (NEW) for $29.99 and (USED) for $34.99. Careless people are careless!

Last thing. I want to/need to research what this Gamer magazine Best Buy has going. They're on their 4th issue, and there's this hefty deal going on that includes $100+ worth of coupons and something about Xbox Live subscription and something about Mortal Kombat. I'm just not sure if the magazine would be worth it in the long run. When I find out more about it, I'll pick between Gamer and Game Informer, as GI is currently my reading material in... well, it's my reading material. Any way, if you have any knowledge on Gamer magazine, this little girl wants to hear what you have to say!

Until next blog --

No comments:

Post a Comment