Tuesday, April 26, 2011

P90X after Day 4

So... I barely survived Day 1 of P90X. I will openly admit: P90X Core Synergistics is the most painful thing I've ever done. So far. LOL. Day 1 worked my abdomen, my arms, and my poor thighs!!! I woke up on Day 2 with a sore... well... sore everything! I stayed lying in bed for about 10 minutes before attempting to roll from my side of the bed to my other half's side - yes, I was groaning the whole way - to roll off the bed.


Day 2 of P90X did me in. Cardio X after Core Synergistics kicked my ass. With the constant running in place, my left knee was in pain. After the first pop, I ran for my knee brace. I was hurting. Cardio X definitely gets your heart pumping, your lungs working and your sweat glands dripping. Getting up on Day 3 was pretty much a task in itself. I found myself in an awkward sleeping position, and I struggled to get my limbs back to their proper angles - yes, my legs and arms were in weird positions - and rolled my butt out of bed again. This time, however, I couldn't bend my knees completely or stretch out my legs from the hips without flinching and feeling a strong burn.

Day 3 of P90X (Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper X), I just could not do it. After 2 days of P90X, my body couldn't move along with the exercise. Seeing how I passed the fit test with the lowest passing, I learned to obey my body as much as my brain wants to keep going. After biting my tongue through the pain and cooking breakfast, I caved. I took a break from Day 3.

I felt so much better waking up on Day 4, and I learned something new! Yoga is hard as hell!!! I managed to survive through 40 minutes of 1 hr 15 mins. My balance is definitely not what it was 10 years ago. I thought Core Synergistics was rough and Cardio X was hard on my knee, Yoga X strained my knee to point of popping. Not necessarily to the point of breaking or ripping or anything like that, just to the point of popping out of place.

Now, we're all up to date, and I look forward to partaking in Day 5 of P90X: Legs/Back and Ab Ripper X. I foresee myself hurting after today, but I'm definitely itching to do some Kenpo X tomorrow for Day 6!

Until next time,

<3 Opinionated Asian

No comments:

Post a Comment