Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P90X: Before thoughts

I have been advised - and I believe it too - to not start the P90X program until AFTER I get over my cold. That's probably because after just walking from the car to the house (and vice versa), my dry, sore, scratchy throat makes me feel like I'm hacking up my lung AND my diaphragm.



I have done my "BEFORE" measurements, and for my age (under 30), it's a bit depressing to see how much I've let myself go. Since I graduated college, my exercise routine went from walking 1.5 miles a day to... nothing. Though I know a few people who are working and improving using P90X, I'm going to admit that I'm a bit scared of it. I'm looking forward to the food part as I'm a huge foodie, and there are a lot of recipes I'm super stoked to prepare and eat! The exercises are what strike fear into my head. I watched a few clips of the exercise routines, and I know they'll get easier the more I do them, but my initial reaction was a lot of sweat, jaw dropping and whimpering.

I have heard nothing but great stuff about P90X, so my final "BEFORE" thought: P90X bring it on! Once this Asian's throat is over this cold, this Asian's gonna bring what she's got!

Now, I must go find a decently priced Kinect version of Zumba. I'd love to mix P90X with some dancing (^_^).

No comments:

Post a Comment