Wednesday, June 1, 2011

For the crafty, DIY sort...

I'd like to introduce someone to you. This person is a very creative and artsy person, who just can't seem to break out of her shell. I'd like for us - me and you
... (I'm looking at you!) - to check out what she has to offer and give feedback.
I am pleased to introduce Rachel Leigh of Made Simple Decor. Rachel Leigh is (as of 2010) 18 years old and is a college student with a passion for art. She's awesome at painting, drawing, sketching, and DIY furniture that she deserves to be glanced at.

Rachel Leigh has just started her DIY blog, and her ideas and creations are quite intuitive, green-friendly (eco-friendly, not the color) and quite fancy for such (seemingly) easy craft projects. For someone her age - and yes, I'm calling her young, though I'm only in my twenties - she's got an eye for easy yet beautiful and artistic decor. Don't believe me? Well, I wouldn't believe myself, if I didn't know Rachel Leigh or her art.

Perhaps I ought to give you evidence before drop kicking you to go to her blog and give her a spin....

Sept. 2009
Oct. 2009
Mar. 2011
Apr. 2011
Survey says...? She's pretty good, right? Rachel Leigh's not just nifty with people art, but her Made Simple Decor can't be summarized and stated in one review. There's more to her than meets the eye. She's definitely one of those "one's trash is another's treasure" type of people, which is wonderful as there aren't many who are actually like that. We - society - need more artists who has the ability to take a product that is considered "old," "broken," "rusty," "garbage" and make it new again.
In her blog, Rachel Leigh will show you how to make dead shrubbery into a conversation starter centerpiece. How? Let me just show you the end product.
A bit impressive, huh? How about old sewing hoops that are just gathering dust in the corner of your attic/basement? Surely she can't do anything decorative worthy, right? Wrong! Check out what's on her apartment wall:
These two simple and eco-friendly projects - yes, these projects are easily made with stuff that won't kill the environment! - and you can learn how to make them from Rachel Leigh. She's got more ideas and projects too. You really ought to clicky on the linky and drop her a visit at Made Simple Decor. If you have ideas you'd like for her to try, drop her a line (a comment would be easier...). I'm sure she's willing to give a new idea a try. Who knows, maybe you two may just hit it off creatively and make great art/decor together!

(You've, at least, gotta go check out the wicker chairs she made for her dad.... If you speak to her, she may just be able to make you a pair.... Just a thought....)

Until next topic --

No comments:

Post a Comment