Saturday, October 1, 2011

Workaholism

I've always landed jobs that I enjoyed doing. From hanging around in my dad's clinic, Biokinetics Rehab, to dishing out food at Chik-Fil-A, I always seemed to give whatever I was doing my all. I've always walked away from a position with a bit more knowledge, patience, virtue, and a bit more "umph" that drove my desire to work to max speed. With every position I've held, the term "customer service" was always held high and treatment of the staff was second to none.


The perfect saying for my current situation would have to be: "With great power, comes great responsibility." Give a kid a title and all shit breaks loose. I've been under managers younger than me before, and I've never encountered this before.

As the other half told me: "In one ear, out the other. You have to play the people game."

Is there ever a time that you can stop "playing the people game" and just be real? Or is the world truly just a stage to be played on?

Yes, I am rambling, but I am doing so to clear my head before I must drag myself away to work another day. Yes, I said "drag"... I'm miserable. I'm thankful that I have a job, and I continuously bite my tongue at work, but I need a place to release. Then again, isn't that the purpose of this blog? To vent a little about crap I experience?

It's not always about fun and games and love and life in general. There will always be that one entry that I just want to go all out and point fingers. This partially that entry (minus the going ALL out and pointing fingers).

I haven't slept well the last few days because of this job. I've started doubting my virtues and morals and principles that I've been taught by family, teachers and close friends. This had to be the job that tests everything I've experienced in life... all cuz a 22-year-old can't be pleased by anything I do.

"Think of her as a drill sergeant in boot camp. No matter how much you scrub the fucking toilet, no matter how spotless and divine it looks, the motha-fucka will say that it isn't clean enough. Shit rolls downhill, and you're the one who has to take it. Take it, find another job, let the shit hit the fan, and back in her face."

with that, ladies and gents, I am off to go bite my tongue 'til it bleeds and buy my time. Job seeking outside the work place and hoping against hope I find something before I go insane.

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment