Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wheels Go Round and Round...

Celebrating six years of un-wedded bliss triggered things in my head and heart.


Good things! My goodness! Everyone automatically assumes the worse! Any way, as of September 14, 2011, I have been with my dear other half for six years, and I can honestly ask: has it been that long already? I remember our first date as if it were 6 hours ago. I remember the ups and the downs, and I smile recalling everything we've been through together.

As the world keeps on chugging along, and the daily grind of work wakes me up every damn morning, coming home every evening slaps me back into the happily un-wedded bliss that I've had the pleasure of living. I walk through the door of my home, and I can openly talk about how rough my day was, how to "fix things" to make work easier to cope with, and unlike some couples I know, I can actually de-stress the entire day out of my head and off my shoulders.

Some people would call us co-dependent, a few would say we're simply in tuned to each other... we say: We've just been together long enough to know what the other's thinking. (He actually knows me better than I do sometimes....)

This week has been nightmarish, and with year 6 being in the middle of the week, my admiration for my other half is higher than ever. No, not the admiration of "My boyfriend's the greatest. He's better than yours." Rather, the admiration of "My boyfriend can see right down to the core of the problems, and o.m.g. he's being so blunt with everything!" (which is 100% a required asset for anyone and everyone in a relationship... in my opinion.)

Needless to say, I managed to survive this hellish week with my morals and virtues still intact (they were very much tested) with the help and the painfully blunt support of my dearest (and for this week... better) half.

Thank you, bubzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment